How Can You Pass JAMB CBT
Question every student of JAMB want an answer to, is how to pass pass JAMB CBT. A lot of anxiety follow the JAMB exams and rightly so because of the huge number of students that fail the exam each year or fail to make the cut off marks. However, JAMB, like every other mountain is surmount able with the right information. It is said that information is power, that means that anyone that has the right information wields enormous power. So, here, we will try to provide you with the right information concerning JAMB and How You Can Pass JAMB CBT hopefully it will help.
1. Start Preparation on Time: there is no better time to start preparing for your exam than now. It is said that Prepare Preparation Prevents Poor Performance( the seven P’s) so adequate preparation would equip you greatly and put you in a better position to pass your exam. Get familiar with the pattern of exam questions of JAMB. It is important that you read your textbooks in line with JAMB syllable. Solve all the past questions in the subjects you are taking, at least 80 percent to them. It is no news that JAMB repeat questions and familiarity with a question will increase the ease of solving questions. Read all your recommended texts at least twice and ensure you understand it and can confidently answer questions fro the text. Go to computer centres and practice the CBT pattern, although you do not need to be a computer guru to pass the exam, however the exam requires a level of proficiency. If you are staying at home, please register at a lesson centre as studying with a group rather than alone is always better.
2. Do not Be Afraid: JAMB is JAMB. It is like every exam and the aim is to be passed by ANYONE. Irrational fear would not help you so try as much as possible to address the issues that make you afraid. As much as there as stories of failures there are also stories of people who have successfully crossed this hurdle even without malpractice. If you have taken it before(or several times) and failed, take heart, brace yourself and prepare again, you failed because you did not know or apply some things. Even if its your first time,meet with those that have taken it before and get knowledge from them. The experiences of others would place you in a better position to pass.
3. Get Familiar with Your Venue and Exam Date: make sure you visit your exam venue before the exam day and get familiar with the surroundings. Ask question( if permitted). If you are posted to a city apart from your city of residence, ensure that you travel for the exam at least a day before the exam day and make sure you are properly rested before your exam day. Avoid the temptation of travelling on your exam day no matter how close it is to you as you stand the risk of missing your exam and if you arrive late, it makes you unstable and distabilises you. Also take note of your exam day as soon as you reprint. Even if it means pasting it on your wall, do it. Get to your exam venue on time and make sure you are settled before the exam starts.
4. Be Time Conscious: the CBT exam is timed by the computer and once you log in your time starts reading and once your time elapses you are logged off. Make sure you attempt all questions before your time elapses, do not leave any space vacant. Be mindful of the time you have and do not stall at any question. Simply skip any question that prove difficult and come back to it later. Make sure that with 15 minutes remaining you have rounded off or are about to round off.
5. Ask The Right Questions: if you encounter any difficulties during the course of the exam call the attention of your examiners to it. It is not the time to test-run any button. Do not guess if you are not sure. Do not ask your fellow students as that would constitute a malpractice. Wait to be attended to, it is better late than never.
Avoid every form of malpractice. It might be tempting to look into the screen of your neighbour, avoid that too. Your question would not be the same as your neighbour’s and it is ppa preparation to fail when you copy from your neighbour. Sleep well, eat well and rest adequately. Success!